Sunday, February 5, 2012

"Apples. Insights and Mad Inventors" by Jeremy Bullmore: A short review

And it is going to be short coz I don't have much time. It's also probably going to be biased and uninformed. This is my first read on marketing, and one of the very few biz books I've read, so there's a high chance my ignorant comments are far from the opinions of the experts in business. I don't even want to write a review now. Ho hum. OK, a few sentences:

At first, I was annoyed. The author repeats(word for word!) entire paragraphs, as if he's explaining to kindergartners. Then there's the 'oh-look-i'm-using-big-words' MBA language, which takes me all around the universe to state a simple point. The first 50 pages were interminable. Uff!

Gradually I got used to the narration, and even found some humour and insight in bits and pieces. Also I eventually found that the book is actually a collection of essays on inter-related topics, written one every year for a number of years. Hence the repetition. Mea Culpa, hehe.

All in all, not really my scene. But not hopeless either; after all, I read it completely. And I understood it! That must count for something.

The book on Flipkart(Achtung though; totally not worth the 1500 bucks) and on Amazon

1 comment:

  1. Why would someone write an post on a book that's not really worth remembering? Ah! got it.. "let me put it on the blog before I forget about it forever. That way I can stop myself from picking it up again by mistake"

    ReplyDelete