Whenever I come accross a new song that I like, I go through a week or two just listening to the song again and again, 24/7. Until I get bored of it(My current craze: 'Gal Mitthi' - Aisha). But some songs, no matter how much I listen to, make me smile and dance all the time! Here's my top 5. What's yours? All those who're reading are tagged!
No.1: 'I don't feel like dancing' by Scissor Sisters
Boy, the delicious irony of it! I challenge you to listen to this song and NOT feel like dancing. Can't be done! My dream is to perform for this song once.
Favourite lines: My heart could take a chance but my two feet can't find a way.
No. 2: The 'Mast Mast' Song - Mohra
I was in 5th Std or so when this movie released and when this song set everybody's foot tapping. My cousins and I used to study each move, each step with utmost precision and try to duplicate it 100%. Fans of this song(we were not fans, we were nuts!) will remember that there's a sequence where all the female background dancers would turn one after another, in a row, holding a knife in their hands. We perfected that step using plastic mixer blades. That's how crazy we were about this song.
Favourite lines: All lines! I'd memorized the song so well and with so much passion in childhood that I don't think I'll ever forget the lyrics!
No. 3: 'Rangeela' - Rangeela
Another iconic number, etched in my childhood memory. My classmates, along with many young people all over the country. went absolutely bonkers over this song. Many of them(including yours truly and her brother) performed this number time and again.
Favourite lines: Maathe ya haathon mein, chand ya taaron mein, kismat ko dhoonde par khud mein kya hai yeh na jaane.
No. 4: 'Crazy' by Gnarls Barkley
I was in college when I heard this one. Hooked me immediately. Not a conventional dance number, but go on, add your own signature moves to this, it's fun!
Favourite lines: Come on now, who do you, who do you, who do you, who do you think you are, Ha ha ha bless your soul, You really think you're in control.
No. 5: 'Sway' by The Pussycat Dolls
Awesome, awesome number. Really sexy. I think of Richard Gere everytime I hear it. And of course, a song on my nickname has to be special to me.. :)
Favourite lines: I can hear the sounds of violins long before it begins.
No comments:
Post a Comment